Some great ideas from our Home Learning Booklet:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Make your bed and tidy your toys away.
- Make a bear hunt in your house, take turns hiding the bears and finding them.
- Talk about your favorite things and draw a picture of them.
- Do some yoga- https://awakeandmindful.com/best-kids-yoga-videos-on-youtube/
Expressive Art & Design
- Create a dance to your favourite music or song.
- Make shakers with pasta or rice pots.
- Use chalk and draw outside on the pavement
- Draw or colour a picture.
- Put on a puppet show performance.
- Use paints to make a colorful picture.
Understanding the World
- Blowing bubbles
- Read information books
- Hunt for bugs in the garden
- Create pictures out of sticks, leaves, stones and anything else you can find outside.
- Observe the weather each day
- Freeze small toys in ice and then try to free them again!
- Feed the birds in your garden
- Plant some seeds and see what you can grow.
- Make a circle of skittles around a plate in a rainbow pattern- add warm water and watch a rainbow appear!
- Thread pasta or cereal hoops onto wool or string
- Water play in the bath- scooping, pouring and measuring.
- Washing pegs pegged around a tub.
- Junk modelling- what can you build from materials you already have in your house?
- Make play dough together- https://theimaginationtree.com/best-ever-no-cook-play-dough-recipe/
- Go to the dough disco (YouTube)
- Lego and block play
- Put hair bobbles round a tin
- Build a den- use sheets, sticks, pegs etc
- Make your bed
- Make an obstacle course and see how fast you can get round it
- Draw a self-portrait or a family picture and cut it out! (Always ask for an adults help with scissors)