Our school is strategically resourced to meet the needs of children with complex special needs in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
We call it Busy Bees.
This means we are a mainstream school setting with 10 allocated places where children with specific special needs are taught alongside their peers, but with additional specialist teaching, resources and facilities.
This provides individual children with the opportunity to make progress in all aspects of their learning and fully participate in the school community. We are proud of our inclusive nature and our status as a resourced provision school. Our provision extends from 4 to 7 year olds, with children transferring to other appropriate facilities at the end of year 2. (North Lakes is our main feeder school)
We pride ourselves on promoting inclusive practice for our pupils with skilled and committed staff. Children are included in mainstream education and are at the heart of our school community; to facilitate this process we have;
- Designated spaces with specialist resources
- Access to a sensory room
- Opportunities for weekly PE, swimming and music therapy sessions
- Personalised timetables which incorporate a range of differentiated activities to meet the needs of individuals
- Disabled toilet and changing facilities
- Highly skilled support staff
- Access to Advice from the Local Authority Specialist Teachers, Educational Psychologists and Health Care Professionals
- A designated specialist teacher