Year 6 transition to secondary school
This page is dedicated to supporting to transition to secondary school. Moving from primary school to secondary school is both an exciting and slightly worrying time for children (and parents). We work closely with all secondary schools to try and enable a smooth transition. This year, we are being even more robust and creative in our efforts as a teaching community to ensure every child gets the appropriate support with preparing for secondary school. If you wish to discuss any transition arrangements with us as a school then please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily discuss this further.
- Initial contact has been had with QEGS and Ullswater Community College to discuss potential plans for transition this year.
- Important and appropriate transition information has been communicated to secondary schools.
- Initial conversations about additional transition for certain children have taken place.
We understand that every child's circumstances are different particularly as a result of Covid 19 so we wanted to reassure parents that we are working to create a comprehensive plan to meet all transition needs.
At this stage this may include:
- Face to face transition opprtunities with secondary schools (for children in school and only if safe to do so and in line with social distancing and government and school guidelines)
- Alternative online transition opportunities for groups of children who are unable to attend school
- Additional transition for certain children (after a discussion with both schools) on a needs basis
If there are still children who have not had contact with their secondary school, we will find a bespoke way to enable that-taking into account the personal circumstances of the family.
Documents and appropriate information
We have included information that has been shared with us from both QEGS and UCC in order to ensure parents, carers and children can keep up to date with the latest transition arrangements. These will also be sent directly through to you from each school. Use documents:
A welcome video from Mr Gilby at Ullswater Community College.
Latest UCC bulletin
QEGS timeline of events
A virtual tour of UCC
UCC Frequently Asked Questions
UCC Email update 18.06.2020
UCC-Update on transition
Year 6/7 Transition Novels- Part one
Year 6/7 Transition Novels- Part two