Our Resourced Provision
Our school is strategically resourced to meet the needs of children with complex special needs in Reception, Year 1 and year 2. This means we are a mainstream school setting with 10 allocated places where children with specific special needs are taught alongside their peers, but with additional specialist teaching, resources and facilities. This provides individual children with the opportunity to make progress in all aspects of their learning and fully participate in the school community.
We are proud of our inclusive nature and our status as a resourced provision school. Our provision extends from 4 to 7 year olds, with children transferring to North Lakes at the end of year 2. North Lakes is also a resourced provision school and staff and parents work together in partnership with North Lakes to ensure a smooth transition.
We pride ourselves on promoting inclusive practice for our pupils with skilled and committed staff. Children are included in mainstream education and are at the heart of our school community; to facilitate this process we have;
- Designated spaces with specialist resources
- Access to a sensory room
- Opportunities for weekly horse riding, swimming and music therapy
- Disabled toilet and chaning facilities
- Highly skilled support staff with access to Advice from the Local Authority Specialist Teachers, Educational Psychologists and Health Care Professionals
Miss Sarah Utting
Mrs Sara Harrison
Mrs Becca Crossley
Mrs Nicola Hodgson
- A designated specialist teacher
Mrs Fiona Modlin
Inclusion Leader and Resourced Provision Teacher